2009 is nearly at an end and time to give my opinion on the best films of the year. The following list is a Spinal Tap list, in that this one goes to 11. I tried very hard to limit myself to ten films, and I had done it until I realised I had left UP of the list. By hat point there wasn't anything I could take out so 11 it shall have to be.
1. MOON - Stunning debut from Duncan "Zowie Bowie" Jones and the performance(s) of a lifetime by Sam Rockwell
2. LET THE RIGHT ONE IN - The perfect antidote to the Twilight films
3. (500) DAYS OF SUMMER - Best romantic comedy since High Fidelity
4. STAR TREK - What the Star Wars prequels should have been!
5. AVATAR - Cinema will never be the same thanks to the "King Of The World". Plot & screenplay problems aside, this must be seen in 3D on the biggest screen possible.
6. IN THE LOOP - There hasn't been a funnier film this year. Malcolm Tucker is a legend!
7. INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS - A return to form by Tarantino
8. FANTASTIC MR. FOX - A cussing good movie
9. A SERIOUS MAN - Seriously good but that ending will piss off a lot of people
10. PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Scariest movie since The Descent
11. UP - Pixar can do no wrong (except for Cars!)
Agree? Disagree? Let me know your favourite films of the year.