Thursday 31 July 2014

Exclusive Interview with Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy star

I was very lucky this week to get the chance to interview one of the stars of the latest Marvel film Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Who would it be? Man of the moment Chris Pratt? Wrestler turned Comic Book Hero Dave Bautista?

Nope. I got to spend time chatting with the larger-than-life character who steals the show and becomes the heart of the movie... Groot.

Dallas: So Groot, first of all, congratulations on the film, really enjoyed it.

Groot: I Am Groot

D: You're welcome. Now is it true that it was your appearance in The Evil Dead films that brought you to the attention of James Gunn?

G: I Am Groot

D: I imagine after the darkness of those movies it was nice to do something more family-friendly.

G: I Am Groot

D: So how familiar were you with the Guardians comics? Had you read them?

G: I Am Groot

D: Oh I am so sorry, I had no idea. Your cousin? How many copies did he end up becoming? Wait, none of my business, let's move on. One of the highlights of the film was the relationship between Rocket and yourself. How was it working with him on set?

G: I Am Groot

D: Really, you would have thought he'd be housebroken by now. How did you feel when you were told that they were going to dub you over in the final cut with a more well-known "Hollywood" star?

G: "I Am Groot"

D: Disappointed sure...

G: I Am Groot

D: Wait, you thought it was going to be The Rock doing your voice?

G: I Am Groot

D: Ah right, I guess "The big, tough bald guy from the Fast & Furious films" can be confusing. At least it wasn't The Stath though?

G: I Am Groot

D: Speaking of Statham, what do you make of the critics claiming that your performance in this film was a little wooden at times?

G: I AM GROOT!

D: Woah, sorry. For the record, that's not my opinion. I had a look at your imdb page before the interview, and is it correct that you auditioned for Lord Of The Rings?

G: I Am Groot

D: I guess it would have been difficult uprooting yourself to New Zealand for all that time, especially with saplings to look after.

G: I Am Groot

D: So do you and Treebeard have a friendly rivalry when it comes to the business?

G: I Am Groot

D: I suppose there isn't a lot of demand for your specific set of skills in Hollywood.

G: I Am Groot

D: I wouldn't take it personally. Malick is always cutting people out of his movies. The Tree Of Life have been a much better film with you in it. Would have made a lot more sense than having Sean Penn walking around barefoot on the beach like some Calvin Klien advert.

G: I Am Groot

D: So do you see your future in acting or do you think you'll branch out into other areas?

G: I Am Groot

D: I know, sorry but I couldn't resist. Okay one final question before I make a like a tree and get out of here...

G: I Am Groot

D: Alright Biff! I see you are as down with your 80's pop culture as Starlord is. So final will we see mini dancing Groots in the toy stores this Christmas?

G: I AM Groot

D: Glad to hear it. I'll put it on my letter to Santa. Groot it has been a pleasure, thanks very much.

G: I Am Groot

1 comment: