Friday 11 June 2010

(500) Films of Empire - Day 268

351 - Zulu - 2 stars
I always seem to get confused between Zulu and The Man Who Would Be King, mainly because Michael Caine is in both films and wearing a red uniform. There is one difference however.
In Zulu, Caine is rather quiet and reserved, not the shouty Cockney he is in most of his films. No calling the Zulu warriors "bloody spear chuckers" or anything like that.
I found the film rather boring if I'm honest and the battle scenes were rather repetitive and the characterisation was painted with broad strokes and I didn't care that much about the characters.
My respect for the film was certainly not in the same league as the respect the Zulu warriors held for the soldiers at the end of their battle.

Days remaining - 97 Films remaining - 108

No comments:

Post a Comment