Monday 5 October 2009

(500) Films Of Empire - Day 20

Forgot to remark earlier about my delight at buying the latest issue of Empire last week and seeing my picture in the coverage of Movie-Con, being immortalised in print in my favourite movie magazine (page 33 if you have a copy at hand, I'm the one grinning like the geek that got the cream) is a great feeling. Apologies for the shameless self promotion but this blog is written by me, about me, so I feel I can be a little self-indulgent every once in a while.

Tonight's feature presentation, courtesy of Lovefilm, is:

472 - Le Doulos - 4 stars
This tragic and twisty film noir sees Jean-Paul Belmondo continue to channel that French Bogart cool as the police informant with a heart (even donning a Casablanca style raincoat and fedora) in this New Wave thriller that's more hard boiled than Cool Hand Luke's favourite snack.

Top 5 favourite foreign films (as of just now, cause let's face it, it could change by the end of the list)

1. Let The Right One In
2. A Bout De Souffle
3. Infernal Affairs
4. Downfall
5. In The Mood For Love

About to head to bed but caught part of The Break Up on TV.  Not a good film at all but has a couple of great scenes where Favs and Vaughn recapture that great Swingers chemistry.  Makes me very upset that Swingers is not on the 500 list as it is one of my favourite films of all time.  Tomorrow I will work out the ten worst omissions from the list, but its 1.30am and now time to sleep, so once again... Good Night and Good Luck (will change to a Truman Show sign off soon, once I watch it).

Days remaining - 345.  Films remaining - 465

No comments:

Post a Comment