Thursday 8 October 2009

(500) Films Of Empire - Day 23 - I am McLovin!

Today was my grandmother's funeral, so a tough day for the family. I did a reading at the service but even though I'm a movie geek, I did manage to resist the temptation to do 'Clocks' by WH Auden from Four Weddings And A Funeral!
After the service there was a reception where I got to meet lots of old people who I didn't know and they all knew me when I was a baby
It got me in the mood to watch Elizabethtown. I know a lot of people hate it, Cameron Crowe at his most self indulgent, but I have a soft spot for it... any film that has a funeral ending with Freebird is good by me.
Of course Elizabethtown isn't on the list so needed to make amends, and needed a laugh so pulled out:

487 - Superbad - 3 stars
Another slamdunk from the Apatow school of comedy with breakout performances from all involved, especially McLovin. This bromance is the funniest film since Anchorman and the best high school comedy since American Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment